BOOK NOW to reserve a place in advance to come and visit us at Mog on the Tyne!
We will accept bookings 50 days in advance.
We recommend you read the FAQs below before booking and be aware of the following points:
- Your booking is for ONE HOUR for £5 each. Alterntively if you book for 2 hours, you get the second hour half price each!
- It is important that you are on time for your booking. We will hold your booking for a short while but after that we are afraid we will have to release it to walk-in guests. Please do not arrive too early as the previous time slot will still be dining and you will be asked to wait until your time slot.
- If we remind you that your hour booking slot is coming to an end, its because we need to switch people over quickly to ensure that everyone gets the best cafe experience. We want everyone to spend as much time with the cats as possible, so we find it helpful to remind customers of the time.
- There is an age restriction of 5 years and over, due to insurance requirements. We would also request that you don’t bring prams – we don’t have space to accomodate this at the moment.
- If you bring children we would also request that you please read to them our house rules, ask them to remain calm and don’t run around – just to ensure non of the cats are scared or get trodden on.
- You may only consume food and drink you have purchased from us.
- You will be asked to remove your shoes when entering the cafe and slippers are provided as an option. Bare foot and socks are also fine. Please let us know if you are unable to do this upon arrival.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you take my payment online?
We take a £5 per guest cover charge, this helps us care for the cats and keep the cafe in nice conditions for them.
Your Credit / Debit Card details are required to pay for your booking online to secure your place.
How do you ensure your cats’ welfare?
We spent a lot of time in finding a shelter to work with to find the right rescued cats. We’re so lucky to have met Paul and his team at Westgate Ark who have been amazing help and know all of the cats really well – many from being kittens. We are also working with Tyne Vet Clinic and animal behaviourists to ensure the ongoing health of all of our cats.
All of our cats have been fully vaccinated and and receive frequent checks by our veterinary partners.
Our staff are trained in cat welfare and one member of staff continually observes the cats’ behaviour throughout the day to ensure all is well and take cats to the rest area if they are showing signs of being unhappy.
Can I bring my own cat?
We’re afraid not. The café is for you to spend time with the Mog on the Tyne family of cats.
Are children allowed in the cafe?
We are happy to have children over 5 years of age visit the café with a responsible adult. Our research has shown that the cafe environment is not suited to children under 5 years of age and also insurance restrictions mean we have to be strict about the age limit.
Where do the cats sleep at night?
The cats are residents at the café. They are free to roam upstairs and downstairs and have plenty of cosy beds to curl up in with each other. They are monitored after hours via webcam which links up to our phone (although all their mischief happens during the day with you!)
We have metal grids on the windows and they are completely covered so nobody can see in. We also live close by if we are needed.
Are the cats neutered/spayed?
All of our cats are neutered or spayed at an early age and will not be in the café during their recovery period.
What if I am allergic to cats?
We use high quality HEPA air purifiers and clean the cafe area frequently to reduce the effects of cat allergies. You may wish to take precautionary measures such as anti-histamines however if you are unsure at all please visit your GP.
Can I bring my own toys?
We have ensured that our cats have all the tools for play and adventure that they could possibly need and we ask that visitors do not bring their own toys. If you think there are any additional toys which the cats would benefit from please let us know and we’ll be happy to investigate.
Can I bring my own treats?
Our cats are fed a healthy and balanced diet according to their individual needs. In order to maintain this we ask visitors not to bring any in any outside food. Stan will be especially keen on extra food, but we ask you to resist.