BOOK NOW to reserve a place in advance to come and visit us at Mog on the Tyne!
We recommend you read the FAQs below before booking and be aware of the following points:
- Your Booking will be for ONE HOUR for £6 each per person (Big and little). Alternatively if you book for 2 hours or more, you get the further hours half price!
- We do ask that you bring your own mask and don’t worry if you don’t have one! We now have nonsurgical grade masks to purchase on arrival. (These only have to be worn when not eating or drinking)
- Only groups of 6 and below will be allowed in the cafe per session, with our max capacity being 10 people.
- We are unable to refund bookings but we are happy to reschedule for a later date, if you are unable to attend please give us at least 24 hours notice.
- Please note it is important you are on time for your booking, we will hold your table for 15 minutes. Unfortunately after that we are afraid we will have to release it to walk-in guests.
- You will be unable to start your session before your scheduled booking time, so please don’t show up too early or you might have a little while to wait!
- If we remind you your hour session is coming to an end please understand it is to ensure we are able to make sure everyone has the best cafe experience and an equal amount of time with the cats!
- Our Cafe is a no shoe zone so we do ask that visitors prepare to take their shoes off before entering the premises. Bare feet and socks are acceptable or you can try out a pair of our FelineFine slippers (also available to purchase). Please let us know if you are unable to do this upon arrival.
- If you bring children we would also request that you please read to them our house rules, ask them to remain calm and don’t run around – just to ensure none of the cats are scared or get trodden on.
- You may only consume food and drink you have purchased from us.
- There is an age restriction of 5 years and over, due to insurance requirements. We would also request that you don’t bring prams – we don’t have space to accommodate this at the moment.
- Floor markers will be placed 1 meter apart outside the cafe to ensure social distancing is being exercised, as well as all tables within the cafe will be 1 meter apart.
- Sanitiser will be provided as you enter the cafe and on your table, we do ask that you use this frequently throughout your visit
- Booking slots will now run for 1 hour with 10 minutes between each session for staff to thoroughly clean and sanitise the cafe area, ensuring you have a safe and pleasant visit.
- We do ask that you remain seated during your visit, to ensure the safety of both staff and other guests
- World Health Organisation and British Veterinary Association has said that there’s no evidence that pets can be a source of infection or that they can become sick from COVID-19.
- While the NHS recommends that you wash your hands after touching animals, it has also been pointed out that ‘Porous materials, such as pet fur, tend to absorb and trap pathogens, making it harder to contract them through touch.’
- If you are presenting any symptoms please do not attend and let us know so we can reschedule your booking for a later date
- Cash is still accepted but we do ask that people use card payments where possible.
Thank you for taking the time to read and understand our new Health and Safety regime, hope to see you soon! – Love from Mog xx
Do you take my payment online?
We take a £6 per guest cover charge, this helps us care for the cats and keep the cafe in nice conditions for them. Your Credit / Debit Card details are required to pay for your booking online to secure your place.
How do you ensure your cats’ welfare?
We spent a lot of time in finding a shelter to work with to find the right rescued cats. We’re so lucky to have met Paul and his team at Westgate Ark who have been amazing help and know all of the cats really well – many from being kittens. We are also working with Westway Vets and animal behaviourists to ensure the ongoing health of all of our cats.
All of our cats have been fully vaccinated and and receive frequent checks by our veterinary partners.
Our staff are trained in cat welfare and one member of staff continually observes the cats’ behaviour throughout the day to ensure all is well and take cats to the rest area if they are showing signs of being unhappy.
Can I bring my own cat?
We’re afraid not. The café is for you to spend time with the Mog on the Tyne family of cats.
Are children allowed in the cafe?
We are happy to have children over 5 years of age visit the café with a responsible adult. Our research has shown that the cafe environment is not suited to children under 5 years of age and also insurance restrictions mean we have to be strict about the age limit.
Where do the cats sleep at night?
The cats are residents at the café. They are free to roam on an evening upstairs and downstairs and have plenty of cosy beds to curl up in with each other. They are monitored after hours via webcam (although all their mischief happens during the day with you!) Security grids covering the windows to keep the cafe safe, secure and private are in place over night. We also have a team who live close by if we are needed.
Are the cats neutered/spayed?
All of our cats are neutered or spayed at an early age and will not be in the café during their recovery period.
What if I am allergic to cats?
We use high quality HEPA air purifiers and clean the cafe area frequently to reduce the effects of cat allergies. You may wish to take precautionary measures such as anti-histamines however if you are unsure at all please visit your GP.
Can I bring my own toys?
We have ensured that our cats have all the tools for play and adventure that they could possibly need and we ask that visitors do not bring their own toys. If you think there are any additional toys which the cats would benefit from please let us know and we’ll be happy to investigate.
Can I bring my own treats?
Our cats are fed a healthy and balanced diet according to their individual needs. In order to maintain this we ask visitors not to bring any in any outside food. Tyrian and Gary will be especially keen on extra food, but we ask you to resist.